Glenn is a veteran Silicon Valley technology executive and serial entrepreneur. His experience includes building early-stage companies, turn-arounds and executing acquisitions. He has held executive positions in both public and private companies. Glenn has a strong knowledge base in the following verticals: Software, Consulting Services, Staffing, Contact Centers, Distribution, Machine Tool, Manufacturing, Architecture/Engineering/Construction, and Trucking. He has licensed technology from leading research centers and successful launched several new companies.
Glenn’s background includes:
• As a consultant, Analyst International - led the team that transitioned a business unit from a public to private company.
• CEO & President, BarterNet - executed the acquisition strategy that took BarterNet from a startup to an industry leader in one year.
• VP Sales, Blue Pumpkin Software - developed and executed the go-to-market strategy that produced $10M in revenue in the first 18 months. Played key role in fundraising activities which resulted in a $4M A Round.
• Divisional VP, Egghead Software - downsized, restructured and refocused the $400M division, resulting in a 40% increase in profitability. Regional Director - increased sales of a $90m business unit 22% over previous comparable quarters, while launching the most successful Professional Service Practice and negotiating a 10% increase in margin of Egghead Software’s largest customer.
• Director of Sales & Marketing, ASG - developed and executed the go-to-market strategy that resulted in $5.8M in revenue (ASP $800) in the first two years. Played a key role in fundraising activities which resulted in a $2.5M A Round.
• Regional Mgr. Client Services, Oracle – Started the 13 state Central Region which sold $3.4M in Professional Services the first year. District Mgr., - Opened MI/OH office which produced $10M in Revenue in the first 3 years. Personally sold/built two of their largest customers.
Glenn was one of the early leaders of the Silicon Valley Boilermaker Innovation Group (Purdue University Alumni), has lectured at the Haas School of Business and is active in the Silicon Valley community.
He earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Purdue University and his Masters of Business Administration (Finance Major) from Case Western Reserve.